Feierliche Eröffnung

Not that this is much of a grand opening. I finished modifying the skin for this blog tonight, and am being bugged by a friend to open it, but since I'm unable to write anything meaningful with Bleach going on in the background, here's a generic "welcome to my blag" post. (My li'l brother's watching Bleach out of boredom at the moment.)

I've set up this blog because I'm terrible at remembering events, and deviantART isn't an appropriate place to write journals on when you don't post any art (I'm not sure if that's because I have no time or have lost interest; I guess I'll find out at the end of this year when I can't argue the former). I hope to post some random musings about life, religion (although I'm loath to use that word to describe my own faith, Christianity), ethics and the like, although I'm in no shape to do that at the moment. (BANKAI! BANKAI!)

A few notes about this blog:

As noted in the footer, the banner's image and the name of this blog are taken from a band called Trading Yesterday, now known as The Age of Information. They have a Myspace and a forum, well worth checking out. The blog's name is taken from a song called Shattered, off the album More Than This. (See below for further info on TY/AoI.) The full lyrics for the song are as follows:

Yesterday I died, tomorrow's bleeding
Fall into Your sunlight
The future's open wide, beyond believing
To know why hope dies

And losing what was found, a world so hollow
Suspended in a compromise
But the silence of this sound is soon to follow
Somehow, sundown

And finding answers
Is forgetting all of the questions we call home
Passing the graves of the unknown

As reason clouds my eyes, with splendor fading
Illusions of the sunlight
A reflection of a lie will keep me waiting
With love gone for so long

And this day's ending
Is the proof of time killing all the faith I know
Knowing that faith is all I hold

And I've lost who I am and I can't understand
Why my heart is so broken, rejecting Your love
(love) without, love gone wrong; lifeless words carry on
But I know, all I know's that the end's beginning
Who I am from the start, take me home to my heart
Let me go and I will run - I will not be silent
All this time spent in vain; wasted years, wasted gain
All is lost but hope remains and this war's not over
There's a light, there's a Son taking all these shattered ones
To the place we belong and His love will conquer all

(I'm waiting and fading and holding onto these tears
I am crying; I'm dying tonight
I'm waiting . . . )

(And His love will conquer)

Yesterday I died, tomorrow's bleeding
Fall into your sunlight

As a learner of German, I've developed a habit of randomly using German phrases, or using German word order for the sake of it (example: the title of this post, translating to "grand opening"). It might bug some people, I dunno. (OR DO I?!)

I like using words of prodigious magnitude.

I often write random things, then make them the same colour as the background. (DUN DUN DUUUN!) Don't ask me why.

I'm a Christian.

Das ist Alles, other than the following summary of Trading Yesterday/The Age of Information. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say next time, eh?


Trading Yesterday

A great band that formed after David Hodges left Evanescence shortly before the 2003 release of Fallen. Their lyrics often are Christian, but can easily be interpreted as secular (the band was aimed at the secular market).

The Beauty and the Tragedy

Trading Yesterday's debut album. It's no longer available to buy. All the songs can be heard on YouTube, most on a channel dedicated to posting the songs; the two that aren't there are present in AMVs, and are labeled accordingly.
  1. One Day 
  2. The Beauty and the Tragedy  (AMV)
  3. What I'm Dreaming of 
  4. Nothing but Love 
  5. She is the Sunlight 
  6. World on Fire 
  7. Love Song Requiem 
  8. Desert Lands  (AMV)
  9. Elizabeth 
  10. Shattered 
  11. Beautiful 
  12. For You Only 
More Than This

Recording for this album concluded in early 2005, but the band left Epic near the end of that year, unimpressed with the record label "sitting around". As copyright laws apparently dictate that the record owns the music, not the band, this album will likely never be released, but some tracks somehow leaked in late 2006. The album art can be found here. Originally a full rerecording of The Beauty and the Tragedy (For You Only and Shattered changed more significantly) with some B-sides, the leak labeled tracks differently and omitted some of the original TB&TT tracks; this is the order used below.

  1. Revolution 
  2. One Day 
  3. She is the Sunlight 
  4. Under my Skin 
  5. May I 
  6. My Last Goodbye 
  7. Love Song Requiem 
  8. Come Back to Me 
  9. For You Only  (mislabeled in the link, but it's the right song)
  10. World on Fire 
  11. Change my Name 
  12. The Beauty and the Tragedy 
  13. Shattered 
World on Fire cover (By The Tree)

Christian band By The Tree covered World on Fire in 2006 (for pedants like me, it wasn't officially released as a cover, but just as a song composed by David Hodges).
  1. World on Fire 
The Age of Information

Trading Yesterday lost a member, gained two, and changed their musical style and their name.

Everything is Broken (EP)

Everything is Broken was released in July 2007 and can be bought here.
  1. Knowledge 
  2. Outside 
  3. Tell Her Something 
  4. Break Your Heart 
  5. Soma 
  6. Falling Out of Love 
Unnamed 2008 LP

This should be released in 2008. A demo of one song is available.
  1. Just a Little Girl  (AMV)

3 comments:

priscilla said...

celeberate!

whilst somewhat skimming through the lyrics, i was listening to Amaranth. funnily enough, my brain decided to combine the melody with the lyrics from Shattered. Brain spat it out pretty fast =D

caught the happiness that is hidden words

sneaky sneaky >_>

Barnabas said...

Amaranth + Shattered = not cool. Shame on you.

Barnabas

louise? said...

I LIKE UR BLOG SKIN/LAYOUT THING!!!

your blogs too long for me :P

BUT I DID SEE TRADING YESTERDAY LYRICS!

YAYYY

-tT