Deep dive

EDIT (20081010, aka Friday): Yeah, I promised I'd write today. However, spring allergies have rendered me unable to work all day, and left me in a foul mood, which I figure is less-than-optimal for writing about happy end-of-school proceedings. Sorry, I'll try to get this up sometime next week.

I've had Jordan, whose legendary spekking is about to be immortalised) poking me all week because of my glacial update pace. So this is ... [dramatic suspense] ... NOT going to be a proper blog post. Yet.
(200810031042) JoRdAn: u should blog more
(
200810031042) Barnabas: I know
(
200810031042) JoRdAn: like say before u forget
(
200810031042) JoRdAn: say mabe a short one on UR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER
(
200810031042) Barnabas: I won't have forgotten [by] next friday, relax
(
200810031042) JoRdAn: no
(
200810031042) JoRdAn: valedictory dood
(
200810031042) JoRdAn: just post stuff about it
(
200810031042) Barnabas: I'll write one next fri
(
200810031042) Barnabas: just takes too long to write the damned things
I will be devoting some time to drafting one on Friday. Until then...

I was messing around on the piano again today, and I had another go at reducing all of "Another side" (the music that plays during the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix secret movie). And failed. But my brother heard me playing the familiar tune and asked for sheet music. I don't deny that it's short and boring, but if you're interested, I uploaded it. The .MID is, as usual, an inferior reflection (which has no concept of legato, nor ritardando).

That said, if you haven't seen the cinematic from which this music hails, you should. Some of the best use of sound effects as music that I've ever heard. (For instance, I don't feel that the piece is complete without the "shoom" noise as the text moves about at the climax. It's not in the soundtrack.)
 Another side [YOUTUBE / MIDI / PDF]
Although I linked the full video, I couldn't get anything other than the piano/choir bits to work, so I used the awkward-sounding couple of bars used in Kingdom Hearts II to loop the music to skip the middle.
In lieu of further content, here's a reason why anyone with a sense of humour should read Indexed: [original graph] [comments 1 2 3 4 5]

Also added some more (yes, even more) comics to the recommended reading, and finally put in a link to my Twitter account. Whoops.

See you Friday. (By which time I hope to have "Mars, the Bringer of War" OUT OF MY HEAD. Dadada dum dum dumdum dum...)

1 comment:

priscilla said...

you weirdo

I only just - HEY WHAT THE! I just realised you can put a comment under the "Leave your comment" title. sweet.

as i was saying, I only just rewatched all the kingdom hearts vids you sent me, although all i could do was admire the animation. wheee freaky coincidence

I agree with Jordan.

Period.

-PWWWISSS