Albtraum einer Woche

Bleagh. Allow me to join the masses in saying that I am over school. It's kinda bugging me that most people are saying "yay holidays" at the moment while I'm thinking to myself, "crap, only two weeks to catch up as much as possible on my notes and get fieldwork done and complete prac writeups and get drafts of those all-important hand-in-or-you-fail essays". C'est la vie, I guess.

Notwithstanding the title of this post (damn, that word use looks wrong), which does sum up my week, there isn't much to say about it being a nightmare; it's just a bunch of assignments and late nights. (4am sleep to wake up at 6am kinda sucks, and is, incidentally, why I fell asleep this afternoon and am still awake now, at 4am again.) Thank God for coffee; I'd've had nothing in on time this week had I not had that amount of caffeine. At least there's holidays now, giving me no excuse for late nights, nor late mornings.

In OTHER, important (read: non-school) news... not much either. There's a few more bands on the right, but nothing earth-shattering, in my opinion. I did quickly mod minimalistunes (Avedesk) so I could tell what was playing when using MS Word's side-by-side view. Bit clumsy, but was happy with the result (white progress bar on the top's a bit hard to see) so I bunged one together for my regular window format (the bar can be clicked through, but it's a bit counterintuitive as a result). Coupled with the best app I could find to read song lyrics out of the file, rather than from an online database, as all the widgets seem to want to do [/rant], and another app that lets Launchy control iTunes and display information, it's pretty useful. (For the record, Lauri Ylönen's voice annoys the hell outta me, but Bittersweet has great album art, and is well-composed, so instrumental version for the win.)

Two quick things to wrap up. One, spellcheckers are stupid. STUPID. And two:
(Schrödinger says there was no hidden text until you moused over. I typed this up before realising I'd stolen it from http://xkcd.com/45/)

3 comments:

priscilla said...

your posts are beginning to look a lot like wiki articles. feverish link-clicking =.=

and the ituny thing is awesomeawesomeawesome. there hasn't been a single avetunes skin where i didn't need to click vaguely at the interface to find an invisible button which helps me change songs =.=

hey, sleep up. this holidays is time for rest, so you should work then rest, with a little play =P

also, german translations plzthx =.=

Barnabas said...

You! Child! Learn to translate from context!

Albtraum einer Woche

+

Notwithstanding the title of this post ... , which does sum up my week, there isn't much to say about it being a nightmare

therefore

translation="nightmare of a week"

Also, what's wrong with wikification of posts? No point in talking about awesome software without links. If you're using iTuny, note that Launchy can probably recognise "inext" as "iTunes next", and you can probably 'train' it to recognise "in" (I have =D).

priscilla said...

i'm too lazeh. why do it when someone else can do it for you? xD not to mention, it was incredibly vague!

also, the new shortcuts are a TREAT. love the personification. i've been reprimanded for my too-fast typing, but at this rate with launchy going for more than just opening up apps, my typing will only get faster

tsk. such a bad influence you be. not that i mind >=D